COPYRIGHTS: Please note all blog posts should be properly accredited with a link © to the post on this site where it came from. Please be courteous and not steal the work of others.
♥♥♥♥♥♥
Comment Moderation has been added to this blog due to a high volume of Spam.
Thank you for your cooperation.
♥♥♥♥♥♥
A note from me concerning change to upcoming blogs.



Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sasuke 24 - Spoilerific Review - Part 19

SASUKE 24!!

PART NINETEEN

(PART ONE) (PART TWO) (PART THREE) (PART FOUR) (PART FIVE) (PART SIX) (PART SEVEN) (PART EIGHT) (PART NINE) (PART TEN) (PART ELEVEN) (PART TWELVE) (PART THIRTEEN) (PART FOURTEEN) (PART FIFTEEN) (PART SIXTEEN) (PART SEVENTEEN) (PART EIGHTEEN)

Sasuke spoilerific review ;) Warning.. incoming blog of Sasuke 24.. if you don’t want to know.. you have been warned :D For a preview of this event.. Please see SASUKE NAVI FALL 2010 (1 hour review of Sasuke 24 with fluff pieces of all the major players in the upcoming Sasuke!) and the SASUKE PREVIEW SHOW that aired an hour before the official broadcast. Bare with me.. this show was 5 1/2 hour long (not including the specials..).. Took a break to see Sportsman #1 and rest as best I could. Hopefully I'll have more up this week. Oh.. and as Ube says: If you are from the G4 Forums, DON'T POST THIS THERE. They expect everyone to stick their head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist..

UBE'S Sorta-LIVE-BLOG FOR SASUKE 24 IS HERE!

(Massive thanks to Ube for his help on the names in English and Japanese of all the competitors!!)

Our final competitor of the Third Stage of Sasuke 24 is ...

Toshihiro Takeda 竹田敏浩

Wow.. this canning ritual is .. I can't even explain it.. Nagano is speaking with a calm.. soft voice...

There's no joking.. no laughter.. just .. surreal..

And just like that the slap..

He hit him pretty hard though

Takeda makes this "shhhhhhhhhh" sound..

Toshihiro Takeda 竹田敏浩 - Fireman from Gifu Prefecture

TBS doing the recap.. All-Stars have been all but eliminated. This was Akiyama..

Shingo...

Yamada...

.. and finally Nagano..

From there they do a recap of the 5 who are in the final so far - Koji

Yuuji

Lee

Kenji

And Okuyama

TBS cracking out charts again..

showing Takeda's failures in the 3rd stage as a backdrop to Takeda's full career in Sasuke from Sasuke 5 almost 10 years ago.

He's made it to the 3rd stage a record 13 times

Each time ripping our hearts out that's for sure..

What does Sasuke 24 hold for Takeda?

Now for fluff pieces again. Takeda training on girders

Hmm haven't seen this before.. he trained on an inclined rope ladder

We all saw this - training in G4..

Toshihiro Takeda 竹田敏浩

Geez.. he's so.. down...

He should be either smiling or acting cocky.. not this..

Nagano with a weak smile.. He can do this.. he can do this..

All-Stars in waiting

Takeda seems almost lost with Nagano not around him..

Party haze complete with contact high is filling the air

He's taking a looooooot of deep breaths..

Takeda inward fist™

TBS Suckitude Chart™ - Rookie bit it and vets finally get their chance at glory

Toshihiro Takeda 竹田敏浩 .. dammit.. not looking confident at all.

Taking a deeeeep breath again..

.. he looks resigned..

WILL YOU CUT IT OUT WITH THE DEEP BREATHS?

I'M FRIGGIN' DYING HERE....

Hmm seems he's talking to Nagano now

Last second grunt of confidence .. I hope..

Arm rings done and he's got the bad habit of staring at the final..

Nagano trying to snap him out of it by encouraging him every single step of the way

More talking

Now for the Rope Junction

Finally .. he seems happy he did it.. maybe he was afraid he'd be the only one to fubar the new obstacle?

All-Stars are tense..

Getting direction from the director.. "keep it moving folks"..

Going up the Devil Steps

Nagano still encouraging him

Takeda staring down the Shin Cliffhanger

Everyone anxious - taking turns between live and Memorex..

.. almost there...

SQUEEEEEAK.. but he did it..

Koji's happy while the others are still enthralled with the screen

Nagano cam™

More yelling

You can do it you can do it you can do it.. I need Nagano as a motivational coach I swear..

They seemed relieved..

Takeda parks his toosh down to spend some quality time with the spray

what... you want some? GET YOUR OWN...

Last fist pump before he gets on the 3 obstacle tear

Nagano looking.. tense..

All-Stars looking tense..

Here we go! Jumping Bars..

Transition to Hang Climbing..

Really taking his time on this..

Very slowly getting to the Spider Flip set up

Using his legs the whole time

And the climb up

.. omg no... he's already.. no wait he can't be tired..

Okay he's going for it again..

Oh Sh&t.. Nagano is SCREAMING..

All-Stars yelling encouragement..

GET OFF MY SCREEN YOU EMO WTF WHATEVER YOU ARE!!!!! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M HAVING A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN?!?!

TBS going back in time a little and we are back to Takeda trying to will himself onto the Spider Flip

.. omg...

Not caring for chicotes.. is SCREAMING at the top of his lungs

Shingo odly .. smiling.. Akiyama screaming support and Bunpei in stunned silence..

at this point you hear EVERYONE having a conniption as you see Takeda look like he's going to cry

Still trying to dig deep

Btw.. in real life when this was happening I was in uncontrollable tears..

.. Takeda has nothing left...

Still trying to will himself something out of thin air.. he seems to be praying to the heavens

Still trying to get his body to function..

Iron gripping the Spider Flip

Trying one more time to get up the Spider Flip!

Everyone is yelling.. even Okuyama is trying to yell encouragement

Lee is going to lose it..

Everyone is either in stunned silence or screaming out of their minds

he tries to move his legs to see if he can change the angle

He's pushing as hard as he can

at this point he's motioning with his head.. "I can't.. I can't"..

Nagano STILL Yelling.. YES YOU CAN DAMMIT

.. noooo.. he's moving his legs to change the angle of his body

.. I knew it was over here..

He didn't want to fall on his back :(

Sorry.. I couldn't see this the first time.. I couldn't see past the fountain of tears

Not sure if he was crying or freaking out from the FRIGID waters burning his lungs

Toshihiro Takeda 竹田敏浩 .. death by Spider Flip.. again..

Frantically he bobs up and down with his legs to get him to the edge so he can hang on.. he's exhausted..

Now comes the stunned silence and the "aawwwww"

Lee's just about in tears

The rest of the finalists react

Nagano cam™

Nagano drops his head in agony

From here I had a video (not sure how long it might last but it shows the poignant interview with the music they overlaid over it)

Here Nagano is slamming Takeda's shoes in frustration over the events that just occurred

.. making sure he's alright

X gets the square.. Takeda in disbelief just sitting in the water

Stupid announcer (yeah you know which one...) ALL-STARS ARE DESTROYED!!!!!!!

Announcer: Takeda Toshihiro cannot go any further.

Announcer: The 2010 New Year Sasuke will have five competitors in the finals but not one All-Stars. Is this a signal of the end of the All Star era?

Takeda says something to the rescuers (can’t make it out)

Takeda struggling to get out of the water

Falling back in..

Finally 2 guys get him out

Nagano is taking this hard (as I am)

I don't even want to know the thoughts going through his head right now

Announcer: There is no strength left in Takeda’s arms. (can’t make out some parts) The Sasuke All-Stars are completely eliminated.

Female announcer: Takeda-san, your tremendous efforts was conveyed to everyone here…

Takeda: I’m sorry, so sorry. (Gomen Nasai, Sumi Masen)

Female announcer: This time you were the only All-Star who made it this far…

Takeda: I now understand how heavy it can be carrying (the dreams of) five people into the third stage.

Takeda: I really tried to do what Nagano-san has always done for us. I know it's a role I am unfamiliar with but still I wanted to try my best and carry everyone with me into the Finals.

Annoying announcer crap including how all the All-stars were cheering for Takeda and mentioning Yamada’s name… when Yamada wasn’t even there… and the COMPLETE ELIMINATION OF THE ALL-STARS… I despised how he kept saying scream "All-Star zenmetsu" which is "All-Stars are completely destroyed"

During the broadcast I couldn't even chat for about 10 minutes. Heck, I was delaying blogging about this for a week.. I just wasn't sure if I was going to survive going through it again

Even screencapping I was an emotional wreck..

And I agree with Ube 100%.. this by FAR was the most emotional Sasuke Moment.. ever.. So many people wanted him to get there and this seemed the best chance of any since 5 made it to the final already

Takeda goes back to everyone: I’m sorry. I’m sorry.

And he bows..

Couldn't make out what he said here (or even Shingo who is also saying something)

Smiling trying to keep the mood up a bit

Nagano collapses though and starts to sob

Takeda leans over and pats his friend over the shoulder

and spends time with him on his knees

Shingo as usual not entirely in the moment is still smiling (since Takeda smiled at him) and then does a "doh" when he sees Nagano sobbing

Then quietly retreats away from them to give them a moment

Friend of mine recalls during Takeda’s run the announcer saying that Takeda is the only All-Star who had never been to the finals and Nagano had kept promising him, “I’m going to take you there with me.” I think Nagano felt really bad that he couldn’t be there to help Takeda out.

Takeda getting up to give Nagano some time to compose himself

.. you can hear him cry now

and you finally see his tears

and sniffling

And then hangs his head again in grief.

Oh yeah.... and after all that.. there's a final..

6 comments:

Jelena said...

Wow! Utterly lost for words. Barely managed to hold back the tears. It's just... not fair. Bah!

ArtemisFowljr said...

I didn't manage to...
I watched the Third Stage while having New Year's Day lunch with my relatives, so I had to turn sound off and couldn't really pay attention or my mother would have gotten angry because I was ignoring them.So this blog was the first time I really lived this whole thing.
So no...I didn't manage to hold back my tears.
Especially reading the translations of what the *à#@§*éçò* announcer...and the translation of his words...my God, it's been years since the last time I cried so desperately, I think. Makoto watching Toshihiro giving everything he had...yeling his support....and then watching him barely breathing, suffering, falling, going back in the water not being able to come out...
That had to be horrible for Nagano much more than it was for me.
The run, the pain, the loss, the interview, the collective tears...
That was too much, for them and for me. I'm quite sure I wrote this somewere else, but I wish I was there, I wish I could have given a shoulder to cry on, to both Nagano and Takeda.
As Shingo said (again, I can't remember where), "This is Sasuke"...that was so emotional. I'll remember it forever, I think.

Thanks, Elsie, not only for giving us the possibility to live this moment, even if it's so sad, but even going through it twice to do so.

Ces said...

Your commentary was much better than anything the announcer could have said. How very heartbreaking for Takeda. To make it so far. He's the one all-star that I hope conquers the final stage one day soon.

What a beautiful sight and a sign of true friendship that we see Takeda comforting Nagano. And I love Naganos statement about taking Takeda with him to the finals. You never know where close friendships will develop do you? Too bad those two don't live closer to each other.

You know, this Saskue almost seemed too easy with so many making it to the final stage. I was almost disappointed to see someone win it. Maybe because there was no all-star in it? Sour grapes because Nagano, Akiyama or Takeda didn't win? Who knows, but it just seems as though this course was designed so someone had to win.

And were was Yamada during Takeda's run?

Arsenette said...

Personally I think the level of competitors have risen a lot with familiarity of the course over the past few years. Most people who are succeeding are the ones that have put years of training into this course. Even the "new" guys had years of Sasuke Trials to get through so it seems as if they are all making this course to be easier than it seems. Heck.. look at Kongo.. his first final after 10 years in this tourney! Even Yuuji was at the very least 5 years (possibly more).

The best thing could happen by watching them get there, beat it and then start afresh with a whole new course. I think TBS knew it was at the cusp and just brought them back to finally beat it. It was evident that more people got a feel for this course more than the pre-Sasuke 17 (even Nagano got to THAT final 4 times before he beat it! The course didn't change much in between but the level of play took some time to get past).

As for Yamada I believe he left during Stage 2. Considering that I bitched that he was in Sasuke 22's final when there was no one he was really cheering I think it was good he left after a while. We also don't know for certain he did since TBS might have not shown him though I don't believe he was there. He was there during the 2nd stage for Takeda so it seems appropriate since the new generation was taking over stage 3. It's also not like Yamada is terribly close to Takeda anyway. not that they are enemies by any stretch of the imagination but I believe if Nagano was in the 3rd stage I would see Yamada there. TBS didn't exactly make Yamada comfortable anyway during this tourney.

dizzz said...

Thanks for the post. Painful to watch the first time, I was crying too, how could you not? Awful again the second, the worst one for me in all the Sasukes and I love me some Nagano, but this was agonizing. Cant wait for the Sportsman post all I got to see was what happened to Nagano.

Arsenette said...

Sorry for the wait on Sportsman. I got a cold from HELL!! I'm working on the pictures now and hope to get it up sometime in the next day or so. But yes Part 19 is painful for me to watch..